Sweet potato and mango soup
For: Serves 4
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Peel and dice the onions, garlic, ginger and sweet potatoes. Peel the mango. Cut the flesh away from the stone and dice as well.
- Heat the rape seed oil in a pot. Caramelise the cumin, turmeric, curry powder and sugar together with the onions, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato and mango, season with salt and pepper. Sauté over a medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Deglaze with the coconut milk and vegetable broth and simmer for about 15 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Finely grate half the lemon zest and add to the soup. Juice the lemon and add as well.
- Finely purée the soup and season once more.
- Divide the sweet potato and mango soup between the plates, garnish with a dollop of yoghurt and serve.
Tip:Jazz up the puréed soup with some diced mango, fine ginger strips and fresh herbs. If the soup is a little thick, simply add some coconut milk or vegetable broth.