Chocolate & cherry SWISS ROLL
For: approx. 12 portions
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C top/bottom heat.
- To make the dough, beat the egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of warm water, half the sugar and the vanilla sugar until thick. Whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form – and just before it gets stiff, slowly stir in the rest of the sugar. Then continue to beat until stiff. Add the egg whites to the egg yolks.
- Sieve the flour, cornflour and cocoa over the egg mixture and gently fold in. Line a baking tray with baking paper, spread out the dough and bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- As soon as the base is ready, remove from the oven and turn onto a sugared kitchen towel. Peel off the baking paper, place the sponge onto a clean kitchen towel, roll and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, beat the cream until stiff and fold in the icing sugar. Gently unroll the sponge and sprinkle with the cherry brandy. Spread the whipped cream and cherries and roll everything up again. Then dust with icing sugar and serve to your guests on the Toy‘s Delight king’s cake plate. Bon appétit!